Sunday, April 15, 2012

What's in a name?

This week, I bought two products pretty much just for the name.  There are, I suppose, dumber reasons to buy something, but I can't think of what that might be at the moment!  As luck would have it, though, I like both things I bought. 

The first was a nail polish by Zoya, called Skylar.  I wrote about it on my beauty blog: lit from within.  The polish reminded me of my sweet departed mastiff, Skylar Mora.  Even the color reminds me of her, a dusty blue/grey.  She's been gone for a while now, but I still miss her, and this was a nice chance to think of her fondly - every time I look at my manicure. :)


The second thing I bought was a shampoo and conditioner from Jonathan product.  Did you see that show on Bravo - Blow Out?  It was Jonathan Antin's show about his salon, and creating his product.  In a true marketing coup, that show got me to buy this stuff, what, 5, 6 years later?  I've always wanted to try it, but it was too expensive.  Saw it at TJ Maxx and scooped it up.  It smells like coconut, if you're into that sort of thing.  I'm not vegan or even vegetarian, but I'm mildly intrigued by products that are.

I am uber-consumer with a few bucks in my pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment