Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Permission granted

The first time I started a blog... a while ago, in a different time and space... it was because I wanted a place to vent.  As Robin Williams once said in a movie, it was about releasing a YAWP into the world. 

Maybe I'm in a better place right now.  I know I've experienced symptoms of depression now and again - sadness for no reason, no desire to do much of anything, eating my emotions.  I doubt I'll ever be completely free from that, but right now I feel pretty good.  This does not bode well for a blogger, though.  Many of my fave blog writers have disclosed that they have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, clinical depression, and/or anxiety disorders.  I'm pretty sure that you can't be a successful blogger without being more than a tad bit damaged.  Perhaps it's the curse of the comedian who hides the tears of a clown, or the tortured artist who can't write good music without a broken heart (Adele, anyone?)

I think I'll give myself permission to just feel good for no reason today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment