Wednesday, April 11, 2012

another kid/no kid difference

So here's what I found out is another difference between having and not having kids.  If you've had kids, and you need the procedure I had done, then you go see your regular lady-parts doctor on your lunch break, and you're done in 15 minutes.

If you haven't had kids, like me, you need to go to the hospital - twice.  Once for a bazillion signatures and two different blood draws (on two different floors of the hospital, no less) and another time for the actual procedure.  I had to be there at 5:30am for 2 hours of pre-op where I mostly answered the same 15-20 questions to every nurse and doctor who walked into my little room.  Mostly about whether or not I'd had blood drawn the day before because they couldn't find it.  Then, I got sedated, and I don't remember anything for awhile.  I had to have general anesthesia, so it affects you for about 24 hours.  I woke back up in my room, and hung around another 3 hours before I could go home.  My throat was sore from the breathing tube, my bum hip in agony from being moved beyond its norm.  

Then they sent me home.  Stay away from fried foods and too much protein, they told me.  No bending over, no lifting, no straining, no driving for at least a day.

Still easier than having a kid, I say.  And the percocet was a nice bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment