Sunday, April 8, 2012

Current Obsession - shiny, pretty...nails!


I am kind of a girly-girl in a shorts and t-shirts package.  If I'm leaving the house, I want my hair to look nice - and if it's not, it's up in a clip.  I love wearing makeup in lots of different colors (usually not at the same time, but you never know.) and I love lipstick and nail polish.  Lately, due to (that damn, damn) Pinterest, I'm seeing all kinda of polish brands, colors, and effects I've never seen before!  So I've been shopping online, scouring my local stores, picking up stuff on sale, on clearance, and too often, just paying full price for the colors I've been *lemming*  That's a new polish term I learned.  I feel very hip and cool now.  

I've been posting pix on Facebook for years now - visits with friends, tons of pix of my dogs, adventures/trips we take, even funny things from the internet - but nothing has gotten more comments than my current nail polish obsession.  Yes, of course, I'm taking pix of my manicures and posting them on Facebook!  They even have their own album:  girly crap.  Most people are very excited to see the colors, my attempts at nail art (and trust me, they are bad attempts) and my descriptions of the polish.  I also get rumblings of the eye-rolling, too.  It's interesting to me to see how people respond to something as benign as nail polish.

It's a good thing I don't post much about politics or religion! whew!

Update:  4/12 - I started my own beauty blog:  beautylitfromwithin.blogspot.com.  Oh, shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment