Friday, May 11, 2012

I like new stuff

Very profound, no?

I got a new chair.  It's actually made for us bigger folks.  First time I've had a really comfy chair like this.  On the one hand, I feel a little guilty that my ass is so wide as to need a bigger chair.  On the other hand, simply wanting it to fit, or even working on it isn't going to happen overnight, so why shouldn't I be comfortable in the meantime?

I got a new hobby.  I spend way too much time and money on nail polish and art these days.  I think it's interesting, and I've found a community online that also values it.  I have 10 canvasses that I can use and reuse and reuse.  I take a pix and that's all I need to remember my impermanent creation.  Most of my polishes are 3- or 4- or 5- free (main nasty chemicals) and cruelty-free, and some are even vegan.  So, I feel okay about having these on my body and around my house.  Yeah, I feel a little guilty that I have all this free time and I'm not curing cancer, I'm just painting my nails..

I made some new friends tonight.  Girls' Night was awesome.  Hung out with some friends, and they brought friends that I didn't know well.  Drunk Nidia makes friends pretty easily, assuming she doesn't scare them off first.  It's always nice to find more people in the world that are fun to spend time with.  Make new friends, but keep the old; one is silver, the other is gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment